for Garrock Ventures LLC. d/b/a www.Gayuniverse.com & GayUniverse.net
Effective Date: 10/31/1995
Last Modified: 7/1/16
The operative parties referred to in this policy are Company and You, the User of this site.
- Garrock Ventures LLC. is the publisher and operator of the website(s) listed at the beginning of this Policy. Hereinafter, Garrock Ventures LLC, shall be referred to as “Company.” When first-person pronouns are used in this Policy, (Us, We, Our, Ours, etc.) these provisions are referring to Company. Additionally, when the terms “the Site” or “Site” are used, these terms refer to the website(s) listed at the beginning of this Policy.
- You, the User – As the User of this Site, this Policy will refer to the User as “You” or through any applicable second-person pronouns, such as “Yours,” etc. Hereinafter, the User of the Site shall be referred to in applicable second-person pronouns.
II. Revisions to this Policy
We reserve the right to revise, amend, or modify this Policy and Our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. You should periodically check for any modifications of this Policy by re-visiting this web page and using the “refresh” button on Your browser. You should note the date of last revision to this Policy, which appears at the top of this Policy. If the “last modified” date remains unchanged after You have clicked the “refresh” button on Your browser, You may presume that no changes have been made since the last reading of the Policy. A changed “last modified” date indicates that this Policy has been updated or edited, and the updated or edited version supersedes any prior versions immediately upon posting.
III. Personal Information that We Collect
Visitors to Our Site and services will have multiple manners of interactivity with Us. Depending upon Your level of interaction, We will collect different information about You. The User designations below apply to this Policy only, and the type of information collected is as follows:
- Browsers - Browsers are visitors to the Site who never enter into any active data collection pages. Browsers may, however, have limited access to content uploaded by Members. Any information gathered from Browsers is also gathered from Members. This information is restricted to IP address, browser information, and other session data.
- Members - Members are those Users who interact with Our services in a way which requires registration. Members are required to provide a valid e-mail address, username, geographic location, and various physical descriptions and/or preferences.
IV. How We Collect Information from You
- Active Collection – We collect information from You when You complete the registration form to sign up for Your membership on Our Site or upon actively opting-in to participate in a specific Site feature, this information will be used to generate an automatic Member account. Providing any additional information for Your Member account is optional. Locations for data collection are registration or personal account pages, but We reserve the right to add additional information collection portals.
V. How We Use Your Information
- The primary use for Your information is to provide You with services You have requested. We also use Your information to deliver customized services to You. Non-personal and aggregate information, such as that collected passively is used in order to customize Our marketing efforts or to customize the use of Our Site for an aggregate group of customers. For example, We may use the general geographic location generated by Your IP address to calculate the number of Users in a given area, and the approximate proximity among the same. We also use Your information for market research purposes in order to increase Your (and other Users’) experience according to tracked interests, to analyze and target potential new markets, and for other marketing purposes. We may provide Your e-mail address and other contact information to third parties for the purpose of providing You with advertisements that We believe You would enjoy. However, any communication You receive resulting from Us providing Your e-mail address to a third party will provide You with the opportunity to opt-out of future advertisements, in compliance with applicable laws.
- When You provide certain optional account information, or enable Site features that require specific opt-in agreement, You should consider all such information to be public, and accessible by anyone unless otherwise stated. For example, should You choose to enable Our Site’s global positioning services, You understand that Your information may be made public via Our Site and its Services.
- You are aware that even if You choose not to make public any personally identifying information via Your account or specific Site features, You should understand that there is a possibility that You may still be identified through the information You provided. You understand that using this Site places You in control of all of the public information related to your membership, and You are fully responsible for any consequences arising out of such information You choose to publish or make known via Our Site and Services.
- You understand that We may enlist the services of third parties in order to provide and operate certain features available on the Site, and We may share Your information with such third parties in order to enhance the performance of the provided features.
VI. Special Cases.
It is Our policy not to use or share the personal information about Browsers or Members in ways unrelated to those described in this Policy without also providing You an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, We may disclose personal information, or information regarding Your use of the services or Site(s) accessible through Our services, for any reason if, in Our sole discretion, We believe that it is reasonable to do so, including:
- To satisfy any laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, governmental, or legal requests for such information;
- To disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms & Conditions or other User policies;
- To operate Our services properly;
- To protect ourselves, Our Members, and the general public. We specifically reserve the right to disclose any and all information to law enforcement in the event that a crime is committed, is suspected, or if We are compelled to do so by lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process, discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process.
- We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities seeking information about Our end users to the extent required by applicable law. We may cooperate with private party litigants, governmental administrative or regulatory agencies if We are legally advised to do so. Examples of such cooperation include but are not limited to, lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process, discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process.
- Anyone who violates Our Anti-Spam Policy may have their personal information made public. If there is any investigation on any unlawful spamming, or any use of bulk e-mail in order to promote Your User account, or any use of bulk e-mail in any manner that leads back to Our Site, or any one of Our Sites, We will cooperate with any and all parties completely and freely in order to see that Your bulk e-mail activities stop.
VII. Transmittals from Us.
- We may send You periodic announcements or notifications from us via email and/or SMS messaging. Such communications may include updates regarding your account, communications from other Users, and details of Our existing and new programs. You may opt out of these announcements by contacting email@example.com, or by clicking the opt-out link at the bottom of these emails. If You opt out of these marketing emails, You may still receive system notices and other information that is specifically related to administrative maintenance of Your account.
- If You provide Your information to Us, use the Site, or subscribe to any of Our services, You will have created a commercial relationship with Us. In having done so, You understand that even unsolicited commercial email sent from Us or Our affiliates is not SPAM as that term is defined under the law.
VIII. Public Areas & User Communication.
Any information provided in a User comment, forum, web cam session, message board, group chat, instant message, profile, or other related service should be considered to be public information. We do not, cannot, and will not act to maintain the privacy of any information that You provide in any such forum or medium.
IX. Our Commitment to Data Security.
We take measures to protect the transmission of all sensitive user information. We make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of Our network and systems by storing Your User information on a secured database. Nevertheless, We cannot guarantee that Our security measures will prevent third-party ‘hackers’ from illegally obtaining this information. We take all reasonable measures to prevent such breaches of security, but given the resourcefulness of cyber-criminals, We are unable to guarantee that Our security is one hundred percent (100%) breach-proof. You assume the risk of such breaches to the extent that they occur despite Our reasonable security measures. Please note that the data security policy in this Section is that of this Company only and We are not responsible for the security policies of third parties assisting Us in providing certain Site features.
X. How to Access or Modify Your Information.
We may offer our Members the opportunity to access or modify information provided during registration. To access or modify such information, please refer to the website.
- End -